Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you spray Crower Stage II\'s with stock springs???

Guy/Gals...I'm going to be installing some Crowers in my car very soon and I'm really unsure if I should buy new springs and retainers? I would like to save the money for other mods if they are not needed however I will get them if it means death for my car.

I am planning on spraying a 35 shot down the road (maybe 50) and I never plan on having a redline higher than 7100.

Anyone know of some good low budget springs to install?

·
Banned
227 Posts
Re: Can you spray Crower Stage II\'s with stock springs???

It will never hurt. I just hope you have a mean to install those springs without taking off the head.

·
Registered
518 Posts

I seen a set for a 109 from esslinger i think it was they are good for 8600 rpm

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

u dont have 2 take off the head.

should have done that stuff when u dropped the cams in...prolly should have changed buckets where needed 2 get proper lash across the board on ur cams as well. sure up ur valvetrain w/that stuff and think bout bottom end work or at least proper air/fuel feeding and u should do all this on the dyno.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Check out the Crower catalog. They say use the stock springs and retainers up to and thru stage 2s. When you go larger, like stage 3s, then the catalog recommends their springs and retainers.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

its foolish 2 not upgrade that stuff when throw anythin bigger into a car....just common sense. stocks r actually quite light on seat pressure, look at their specs or put them in a compressor. those things will float on u whether u can hear it or not, thus u will lose power due 2 the springs inability 2 keep the valve going exactly at the frequency its supposed 2.

-Ult

·
Registered
379 Posts

I seen a set for a 109 from esslinger i think it was they are good for 8600 rpm.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well 8600 would be nice, but seeing that my pressure plate xploded under 7000. I wouldn't recommend going above 7200.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Ult, Crower doesn't know their product or cam requirements? I have to believe they do. But, if one were to spin their engine over 7,000 I think I'd opt for more spring pressure.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

Crower probably means the stock springs won't bind with the stage 2's. You(fruitport_focus) and Ult are right on the spring pressure and rpm capability of the stock springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts