Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive narrowed it down to...
Vibrant, will it sound too loud on an auto?
Thermal R+D, love the quality but how does it sound? anyone???
I'm leaning towards Magnaflow (cue the applause) but does it come COMPLETE with all necessary hardware? I'm planning the install myself.
Thanx 'jet

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Vibrant=loud!!

Thermal=SWEET and QUIET!!
Magnaflow=Bang for the buck.

If I had the money to do it over again I would have gone thremal. I have the Vibrant now. I can't say anything on the Magnaflow though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the bosal and it is awesome to say the least. Looks great, sounds sweet without being too loud, and its built like a tank... Bosal all the way!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the Vibrant and love it. It is rather lour at certain RPMs but at other points you can't even hear it. I installed it myself and it only took like a half hour. Very high quality product, and yes it comes with everything you need.

G

·
0 Posts
Please make sure you have seen each one of the and possibly hear them all roar (go to G2G or something)

I know I can't be happier with
my Apex-i

=dRe=

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've got the Borla and it is excellent. All hardware was included and install was a snap once I cut of the stocl. Sound is great, not too loud. With the IceMan/FS Cool-Flo combo intake it is quite a bit louder. My money would still go to Borla again.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by YELO-ZX3:
BORLA, sounds great and the most important part is... good power gain
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i gotta agree here. you really notice the power gain you get w/a borla

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to say the Bosal. I have it with the FocusSport shorty header and flexpipe. Sounds very nice

[ 09-19-2002, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: PointFocus ]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Go borla all the way. Sounds so frekkin sweet. I get compliments on it all the time.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by orndog:
Hey, while i'm downloading, are all three the same exhaust?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Odyssey and I both have Bosal.
Covert1 is stock.
Odyssey has done NO engine mods, JUST the Bosal catback. I don't have TOO many mods. See my sig for details...

http://www.covert1.us/autox/

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the thermal and everytime i put th car on a lift to work on my headers i cant beleive how good it look and how shiny it stays, it's the best quality exhaust u can get ( my point of view )..... Go for the thermal u ownt regret it !

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
honda killer u got some pics of ure exhaust on ure car (rear tip)....and maybe a sound clip...thanx bro

-chris

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I'm a die hard Magnaflow fan myself. Got em on both our Foci. Nice and quiet with a smooth mellow exhaust note, no droning what so ever.

The thermal, bosol, and borla all sound great too so it's just a personal choice.

·
Registered
400 Posts
ill add my say :thumbup Get the borla, although i have never worked with any other exhaust, it is loud enough that u notice it inside under full acceleration, yet quiet enough as to not bother the heck out of you when you are cruising. People do notice the nice deep note it hits. The borla offers great gains in h.p. and comes with everything needed to install, w/ the exception of a new gasket, and i do not believe any company supplies those. Anyone want to correct me on that
..welcome to the jet harry

1 - 20 of 27 Posts