Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Can\'t find the DAMN problem!! Cloged Cat???

YEP, warranty is long gone...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

smell the cat. smell nasty? bad cat.

raceheader or offroad pipe would be nice

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

the off road pipe is a nice cheap fix

thats definately what it sounds like, too

·
Registered
239 Posts

Ok I had the same Problem as you except mine got worse!!!it was anything over 3000 rpms i would have a power loss ! i went through all the fue issiues too! I didnt smell any rotten egg smell but when i pulled the Cat out it was clogged!I mean it caved in!All i did was take a long screwdriver and gutted all the insides out!!and took her for a drive and all my power was back and the car became a little bit louder but all in all I would pull out your cat to see if it is clogged!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I went on that link you gave me.... EXACLY whats happening to me, somebody replaced their cat with I think a ORP and ran better than ever... I HOPE SO... Been trying to get my car to be what it was
..... THe MAF is expensive too.. My cat doesn't smell or nothing but I have a breather so there's no way my MAFS has oil... I'll probably have to install it myself, the FC ORP fits right??? Easy to install???

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts

To get you by for now nock the insides of the cat out and put it back on till the ORP comes in

tom

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I already ordered overnight and it's coming from somewhere in Florida so it should be here VERY soon....Can't wait to give my car those xtra horses
... Still wanna know how is the fit and sound

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

fit is nice but you don't get to use the support bracket that sits near the ORP and flexpipe joint. at least, I couldn't. one of these days I'm going to see if I can't get it to work. may have to shave the bolt-holes a little to get it to fit in there right, tho. we'll see...

keep us informed!

·
Registered
301 Posts

As Federal emmisions equipment, I believe the cat has a 3 or 5 year no mileage warranty might be worth checking with your dealer. I might have some information getting jumbling together in my head though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can\'t find the DAMN problem!! Cloged Cat???

Here am I again to TRY to find out whats wrong with my car, my mods were goin great, but now savings are gone triyng to fix something that I dunno what it is
it's frustrating.
Ok, my car's power started dying slowly and stalling after curves(Fuel Pump Replaced) the stalling was gone and the car ran a bit better, I still had the idle problem and NO POWER on hight RPM's(TPS replaced, idle is perfect and car runs a bit better). Now I still have this HUGE power loss.... Now I am goin for the cloged cat... Might get a ORF(off road pipe)... I know that could be the problem. Anyone have sugestions??? I WANT MY OLD CAR BACK!! And I already spent my cam gears money fixing it, what else it's gonna take???

·
Registered
175 Posts

Originally posted by ViLFernando:
I went on that link you gave me.... EXACLY whats happening to me, somebody replaced their cat with I think a ORP and ran better than ever... I HOPE SO... Been trying to get my car to be what it was
..... THe MAF is expensive too.. My cat doesn't smell or nothing but I have a breather so there's no way my MAFS has oil... I'll probably have to install it myself, the FC ORP fits right??? Easy to install???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Man tell me how this goes for you... I didn't have the rotten egg smell what so ever, so it never occured to me that it could be the cat. Was wanting to wait until the Bosal high flow cat came out and just install it and the flex pipe, but now I don't think I can wait that long... The Random Tech Cat just is too expensive.

How hard is the venom fuel pump install???

·
Registered
175 Posts

I'm getting mine checked out tomorrow...

Ford service guy told me the same thing, he said 8/80k...but he says as long as he has worked there, 10 years or so, he has never seen a cat go bad with less than 40k mileage.

He even kind of laughed at me when I said I've read/heard/seen websites about this problem. He said just bring it on in, but if it isn't the cat then I'll have to pay the inspection and all other repair fees out of pocket. He says that OEM cats go for $850 installed if I were over the 80k mileage!!!

My question is, do you think he'll give me a hard time about the AEM shorty intake, JBA header and the Borla cat back exhaust???

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

THE VENOM FUEL PUMP INSTALL....

Ok. I am gonna try to explain but don't know how is gonna come out.

- DISCONNECT BATTERY(just negative wire)

- Drop the gas tank by unscrewing to metal bar that wrap it aroud(tank is right under trunk) Make sure you have less than a quarter tank.

- Disconnect all wires from tank(dont break wires when droping tank!!! That's why u wanna work with a empty gas tank.) The wires a a b*tch

-After that take out the blue gas cap that seals with the tank(putting it back sucks, make SURE u seal it right.)

-Pull out the beige cylinder box in the tank by turning cylynder and pullin it out.

-Disconnect the gas level sensor from the cylinder

-Find your way to open it(dont really remenber but not hard). FUEL PUMP IS IN THERE!!

-Disconnect pump and pull it out, take the filter attached to pump and clean it, there is another filter under the beige box that I cleaned as well
. Put everything back(easier than taking it out, al least it wsa for me)

-DON'T turn the car on right away cause the fuel lines are empty!!!! Turn your key on and off 5 or 6 times, leave it on for a couple seconds, u'll hear the pump

Works grat too!!!!!!! I pull the hardest turns and no stalls....
And by the way, my ORP is comim tomorow, I'll install it and post pictures, ALL DETAILED, just trying to payback some one the help from the jetters... Post pictures in this topic by friday

-

-

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

For Intake Headers and Cat-back...naaa..don't think so

·
Registered
239 Posts

My cat wet bad 27,000 miles. It happened one month after Header install.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

yes, cats have longer warranty periods than even ur car's warranty. and if u need parts, gotta exploit the great thing that is salvage or 'pick it' yards. good stuff dirt cheap.

-Ult

·
Registered
42 Posts

the warranty on your cat is 8yrs. or 80,000 miles just go to ford and get a new one for free

1 - 20 of 24 Posts