Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can\'t pass this up?

I was saving for a focus(finally after wanting one for almost 4 years now) and I almost have enough. I have been looking seriously for about 3 weeks for the right zx3. I ran across a 1997 Nissan Sentra GXE in great condition. It has 100K but it is very mechanically sound. The exterior was keyed bad, with lost of curse words deep into the paint. I spent most of this morning repainting the hood and the trunk. I am done with all of the painting on these two parts, I just have to finish the clear tomorrow with wet-sanding. I am pretty sure I can get the rest out if I really want to. The guy who has the car right now(my uncle) owes me a favor or two.
He said I can have the car for $2,500 and he will throw in the rest of the Quart of paint. Its a nice looking car, and for that price...I dont know if I can pass it up. What do you all think? BTW, Blue Book is around $4,100. Any input is needed and welcome.

-Corey

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: Can\'t pass this up?

buy it,,,,,fix the paint,,,sell for blue book,,,,more money towards your focus

·
Registered
2,864 Posts

id pass, my friend has one and is a sentra freak, and even he says he wouldnt have bought it if his SE-R hadnt messed up. its a 95 gxe and prolly one of the worst cars, I have driven. Thats just my experience tho.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

buy it, sell it, get an older SE-R and do a JDM SR20DET swap and throw on some coil overs

·
Registered
275 Posts

Take advice from someone older and wiser.Nobody is willing to pay squat for a car after it hits 100000 miles.$2500 dollars is a good price for the car but you would have a hard time making a big profit from reselling it(regardless of what kelly blue book says.If you like it and want it then buy it.
Here is a list of 1997 Sentras recently sold on E-Bay,notice the price on the 100000+ mile cars. http://search-completed.ebay.com/search2/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2F&siteid=100&ht=1&from=R7&ebaytag1=ebayreg&query=sentra+1997&query2=sentra+1997&search_option=1&exclude=&category0=&categorymap=6001&category1=6001&minPrice=&maxPrice=&ebaytag1code=0&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&status=completed

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well I bought the Sentra. I like it so far. I will post some pics tomorrow when I get around to it, and when I get back from SOS.

-Corey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts