Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SVT Voritech kit with the Aftercooler puts down 270HP at redline (though I cant remember the torque or whether that is WHP or not)in the issue of Car and Driver were they have all these four bangers tuner shops duke it out for something (sorry but I was hastily reading it from a co-worker tool box). And the 1/4 mile time was 14.91 or something close to that.

Personally I like those numbers. The brief thing I read states that it was very streetable and it improves the overall Focus feeling. So it's like having two Zetecs. Right now I'm pretty much set on a Voritech supercharger for my ZX3. I'm sure I wont be getting 270HP but just a straight 200-220HP is more then I wan from my focus.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
I dont know about you... but close to 15seconds in the 1/4 from something that will cost you about 5000$ is enimic.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

That is a HORRIBLE time for the cost and depth of a mod like that.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
The 1/4 times were not true 1/4 times. It was part of an overall course, that was setup similar to an obsticle course. The HKS RSX with over 300 hp ran it in 15.3. The drivers used that 1/4 mile of section however it they could to achieve an overall fastest time, not the fastest 1/4 time. And the hp claimed as crank!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Not to mention they had to run a Pectel on the SVT... Ca-Ch'ing! It didn't even finish the course... they had a sensor or something come off.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">vortech finished... jacksonracing did not </font>

·
Registered
186 Posts
Once again, another proven fact to show that superchargers suck on most 4 bangers.
With the money they have in the pectel and the vortech, they could have gotten Tom's kit and some motor work for higher boost levels, and still have some cash to spare.

I am not trying to sell Tom's kit but just using his as an example, really any good turbo set up, would crush these numbers with money to spare.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
The vortech was using the vortech tuning, the Jackson Racing SVT was using the pectel.

·
Banned
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well now I'm confused. I thought the Voritech comes with its own pretuned computer, I dont remember reading anything about them using a pectel on the car. And I also thought the kit costs 3000 and some bones, not 5 grands.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Well now I'm confused. I thought the Voritech comes with its own pretuned computer, I dont remember reading anything about them using a pectel on the car. And I also thought the kit costs 3000 and some bones, not 5 grands.
You are correct, the Vortech comes with it's own tuning. The SVT Competition car with the Jackson supercharger was the one using the pectel. But it will be just under 5K for the Vortech with the aftercooler.

·
Banned
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well damn for that price.....

So what is Wolff Racing doing nowadays?

·
Registered
857 Posts
<font color="blue">vortech finished... jacksonracing did not </font>
The Comp Car with Jackson Racing Supercharger failed to finish not due to any supercharger issues. It was also using the Pectel Computer System which does not come on the stock kit.

The issues that occured on the Comp Car have been fixed.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
you guys might want to check out the svt forum. This was all debated and talked about there like a week or more ago. most all the answers are in that thread!

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
I read this. The Jackson Racing was having problems and couldn't be evaluated so it ended up last the Vortech kit was freakin pathetic! For $5000 you get an extra second off yor time. Big whoop! Jeez for that much and the kind of HP claims that Vortech is assuming their kit should make I would be expecting a huge difference.

Okay sorry just read the statement above that it wasn't a real 1/4.

·
Resident Vortech Guy
485 Posts
Once again, another proven fact to show that superchargers suck on most 4 bangers.
With the money they have in the pectel and the vortech, they could have gotten Tom's kit and some motor work for higher boost levels, and still have some cash to spare.

I am not trying to sell Tom's kit but just using his as an example, really any good turbo set up, would crush these numbers with money to spare.
See if you can that turbo kit and stay 50 state smog legal. That is what Vortech does. Complete kits that provide smog legal power and won't void factory warranty. Try bringing your turbo'd car to your dealer for a warranty issue.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Haha... you're kidding right? Won't void the factory warranty? That's a good one!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Complete kits that provide smog legal power and won't void factory warranty. Try bringing your turbo'd car to your dealer for a warranty issue.
yeah on the powersteering and A/C. thats like me saying my cars still under warranty. Your right the car is still under warranty but not the engine, brakes, suspension, or the transmission. at least the a/c and the powersteering is still covered.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

As much as I like what Tom has done, to compair his kit to a kit with a T2 turbo kit is apples and oranges. Too achive the "anytime you want" tuning a T2 allows, you would need the software to program your own chips. I'm not sure what that package costs, but I'd guess over the 2k a T2 costs.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
I would like to applaud Tom for not coming in here and giving his 'but where is the torque' comment.

·
Registered
510 Posts
How come i can run a 15.3 with my svt?!?!? i have intake and exhaust.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts