Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 ZX5 ATX. the car runs pretty well, but idles a little wierd periodically. it tends to do this esp. when it is in Park or Neutral, but will occassionally do it in a Drive gear, esp. if i pull up to a light after a hard acceleration/deceleration.

the car is almost entirely stock. all it has is cam gears (set to 0 at this point), and a bosal exhaust. i've removed the intake resonator for that ghetto-fab mod and the breather tube from the cam over to the filter box is actually not connected (i stuck a lil filter on the end of it), but i doubt either of these "mods" is causing my problem.

i think the problem MAY be TPS-related. i've had a good run of bad luck with the car when it comes to TPSs and TBs. I have no CEL on, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if i somehow screwed up the TPS when i took it off the FC TB i used to have and put the stock TB back on.

ideas?

Mike

·
Registered
584 Posts
how many miles?

·
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coming up on 49K

Mike

·
Registered
584 Posts
when was the last time you changed your plugs/wires. Look at em you may be surprised.

·
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when was the last time you changed your plugs/wires. Look at em you may be surprised.
plugs are a year old at the most and are OE motorcrafts. wires are about a year old, too, and are Ford Racing wires.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts