Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has happened 3 or 4 times now and does not happen consistantly. i am running a 50 shot wet nx kit and a custom diablo delta chip with a nitrous burn. But i lose power when it happens the warning light that looks like a gear came on and the factory theft light went solid. I only happens for about 1-2 seconds. Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Take the chip out and see how it does diablo cannot do anything anyway as for a Nitrous chip a 50 shot is safe with good gas with no chip,The way diablo likes to add so much timing to everything you will be better off with out it

Tom

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it did it once even before i had the new chip so i know its not the problem. even with the delta i put it in stock mode and it has done it. I think i got a backfore out of my intake a few minutes ago also. This is really weird i checked the operation of the solenoids and the fuel pressure sensor wot and window switch are working correctly

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
his window switch is set 3000 - 6000. should we bump it up to 3500? Also, he has all the 6K RPM plugs, would it be okay to run it up to 6300, 6500ish?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes the window switch is on at 3k and off at 6k.
Also I check my plugs reguarly and they are in great shape. Update it did it again and axon heard it. the oil pressure light came on for a second and so did the factory theft light above the radio.

·
6,880 Posts
it sounded like a misfire to me from the outside. I was right next to him in my car with my windows rolled down when it happened. I'd guess he was at about 4,500-5,000 when it happened, in 3rd gear.

What would cause the oil light to go off? would that be oil pressure? Would oil pressure cause the limp-home-mode light (and the associated running on 2 cylinders) to come on? What would cause low pressure? His oil level is fine, is changed regularly, and colder plugs gapped at 35.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I not sure if this is any help but I was having a similar problem with the fifth injector on a ac3. Some times if I was at wot and shifting slow it would run so rich that the car would stall. The warning lights would go on then as long as I got the car in gear the forward motion would start it and the lights go out. It really took me by surprise the first time it happen because I stopped shifting and coasted to a stop. I was looking for smoke, thought my engine was dead for sure.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
What year is your car? Fuel pump maybe faltering and can't keep the rail/fuel solenoid fed? Where is your nozzle installed? Not insulting your intelligence, but I've seen people put em in before the maf and have hell. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you didn't do that. haha. Hmm, what else?...

g

·
6,880 Posts
What year is your car? Fuel pump maybe faltering and can't keep the rail/fuel solenoid fed? Where is your nozzle installed? Not insulting your intelligence, but I've seen people put em in before the maf and have hell. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you didn't do that. haha. Hmm, what else?...

g
He's got an 01 with no signs of fuel pump issues in the past (sputtering on right turns, fuel gauge freaking out)

He's got an AEM Cold Air (the long one that takes air from behind the fog light). The nitrous nozzle is shown below (right before the bend, well after the MAFS) and is aimed properly inside:

·
Registered
556 Posts
If you wouldn't have said you checked.. fuel or fuel pump would have been my guess...I'm just reading to learn now

·
Registered
136 Posts
some people had symptoms like this when the battery cable was shorting to the coilpack bracket. Id check the battery cables and grounds. Possible one of your seloniods could be intermittently shorting out the power when they're energized. Hope this helps yah

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
a buddy of mine had stutterin hesitation probs w/his after all his NA mods (includin head), turned out to be a bad coilpack outright. just a thought.

-Ult

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah, check the batt cable. I had simialr symptoms when the pos. batt cable wouldn't get tight enough anymore (the little clamp was fubared).

L8r

BJ

·
Registered
176 Posts
Once my car did exactly the same thing you are describing. I just figured I was running too much nitrous, as I had it at a 75 shot then. But when it happened to me my temp gauge was through the roof! Will 9 seconds of nitrous cause your temp gauge to spike that fast? I switched to a 50 shot, and haven't had a problem since then.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i think I figured out the problem. I was using the autolite one step colder plugs and i think that they are too short. I put in the motorcraft plugs and did a few runs with the 5o shot with no probs so i put in the 75 shot jets and no problems

1 - 17 of 17 Posts