Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've installed my race header, my car stalls every time I'm on a red light. What could I do to fix that problem ??

Thanks,
Marc.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It sounds like a vacuum leak, but there aren't any vac hoses that you should have to f*** with doing the header install. How long since you installed the headers and do you have a CEL? Did you do anything else to the car at the same time? Double check for any vac hoses damaged or loose, especially the one to the egr valve. Another thing I would suggest doing is to reset the computer, if you haven't done that already. I always do that after installing any significan mod and while not resetting the computer isn't likely in and of itself to cause stalling, is a good thing to do anyway. Good luck

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
16V, I've installed the crank pulley at the same time.
I'll check if the EGR is well tightened and reset the computer. By the way, it might sounds dumb but reseting the computer just means unplugging the battery and repluging it , right ??!!

Thanks for your help,
Marc.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
disconnect the battery... and depress the brake pedal and turn on the lights to drain all power that might be lingering in a capacitor somewhere in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts