Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 zx3 AUTO, live in the hills. Its about 104 out as well. NO MODS, stocker here!

First off the car idles faster, ie at a stop, the car want to take off quicker. When I start to go however, first gear goes to 4k-4.5k rpms without flooring it. then when it shifts it drops to around 2k rpms, and that point the car feels like its going to trip over itself and stall, so I have to floor it to get the rpms up. It then does it again in 3rd and overdrive.
I find if i drive w/ OD off at around 40-50 i'm ok, just revving at 3500rpms. I know 4 bangers lose power with ac's, but this is absurd. One other thing, once I get going, it takes alot longer to slow down, i mean alot longer. The car will also hold its speed on flat road with my foot off the excelerator? Sorta like driving with Cruise Control on.

Am I screwed?

I replaced everything but the feul filter, and by the way it drives fine with the AC off.

Any Advise? Please

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
your proboblem is you dont know how to spell "excelerator" and you purchased a ford.
but you are in the same boat as me so bring it in to the dealer and have them fix the damn thing. tell them that it is "Fast Only when Reved Dangerously". but seriously bring it in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts