Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got this problem...my car idles like a V8 with a huge cam in it, when it idles like that the air fuel gauge goes way into the red like almost till it dissappears then the motor comes back to life and it springs back to rich. The 60% of the time when it goes that far into lean it stalls. Also when I shut it off there sounds like there is a big rush of air coming back through my intake and it never did that before, please help it is really starting to irritate me.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Sounds like some kind of a vacuum leak, possibly the brake booster? that stores some vacuum and has a one way valve on it to hold vacuum.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think something with the throttle body would cause this? I think it could be related to why my car has a sudden whoosh of air when you shut it off, sorta like its sending air back out of the intake, its really wierd. But its really bothering me.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't think the TB itself would have anything to do with the air you are noticing. From your list of mods, it looks like you still have the stock TB? Just for grins, do you know if the air is coming out or going into the TB? This could help determine the source. Next time you the car shuts off on you, wait a few seconds and check your brakes to see if you still have boost on the pedal. If not, there might be something going on with the vacuum boost canister for the brakes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Test the coil too, my problem with stalling is cyl.4 misfiring, if your coil's dead, might as well as buy a better quality coil (i.e. screaming demon). Since I wasn't aware my coil was dead and my vehicle was towed and getting fixed at a dealer, I have no choice but to buy the almighty ford's bullcrap made masterbaiter craft coil. I wish I knew what's wrong and order from one of Focaljet's resources, same price way better quality.
BTW....I paid approx 300 USD just to get my coil fixed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts