Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2001 ZX3 and lately after I have driven it and shut it off and then started it again, the idle drops very low and almost cuts off then recovers (does this a number of times) until I shift out of park. I don't have a CEL so do you guys think it might be the TPS? Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It could be...do you have mods?

·
Registered
761 Posts
i have the same problem but my car is a 5 speed dont know why but it sounds similar. i cant figure it out it happend after my 421 header install. you might wanna check that your MAF if connected properly

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak, check for that. Unplugged, tps will still allow for idle. 0 volts is okay, and it can't go negative, TPS can only cause high idle or delayed throttle response.

Nick

·
Registered
859 Posts
Did you have the fuel pump recall done?
I had those same symptoms- and it was the fuel pump.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys. The MAF is connected and clean, and yes I have had my fuel pump replaced, first was a few years ago, and the second was done on recall this past December. I guess I will start looking for vacuum leaks, which I dread... any obvious ones that I should look for first?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
check the hoses on the back of the intake manifold. should have one to the brake booster, PCV, fuel rail pressure transducer, and one to EGR I think. could also be your intake is not seated on the throttle body properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts