Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I hope someone can shed some light on my problem.

I have a 2002 ford focus sedan. I removed the attachments to the battery (black off first, then red) to clean them. Some corrosion was built up. I reattached them ( red first, black last) and attempted to restart my car. NOTHING DOING?

The radio, lights, horn and electric locks work. However, once I turn over the key there is no sound and NO NUMBERS SHOW up on the electric odometer.

I have tried both keys.

The dash lights which show up are : engine light, exclamation point light, oil anf battery light.

I hope someone can help me before I have to take it to a dealer!

-ps: there is no "key chain" alarm system, just a chip in the key!Could it be the alarm? computer?

Thank you,

Sanj

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
First off welcome to the Jet Sanj !!!

This particular forum here is to find answers and ask questions about forum problems.So most likely it will get moved to the Pit Stop forum since that is automobile related there.

The radio, lights, horn and electric locks work. However, once I turn over the key there is no sound and NO NUMBERS SHOW up on the electric odometer.
I will take a guess and think that maybe the battery is weak and needs to be recharged or possibly replaced depending upon how old it is in your 2002 Focus sedan.It takes a strong battery to turn over the starter but not much to run the accessories.Others may post different things to look at also.Good luck and keep us posted when you can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts