Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i did a head swap. when i pulled the old head off, i forgot to disconnect the battery(its in the trunk so i just forgot) well i discovered the alternator braket was broke and the alternator just fell, and it sparked maybe 3 times. i quickly disconnected the battery after that and continued to removed the old head.

about a week passed because i didnt have all the parts i needed to finish the swap, so i finally got it all back together 2night and the car will not start. It wont even crank over, the car is a 5 speed. And when u turn the key all the accessories come on, and u can hear the fuel pump kick on, but when u turn the key to start, it doesnt do anything. It does the same thing as if you tried to turn the key to start wih out pushing in the clutch.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on? i looked at all the fuses, and ifrom what i could tell by looking at the box nothing was blown,,, i have a feeling my ecu is dead, which i hope not but could it be? when i turn the key though, i still get the mileage on the cluster and all the lights come on... except the airbag light keeps flashing, it flashes maybe 3 times then stops, waits a few secs then flashes again, and repeats it self. Im hoping its just a popped fuse or a blown relay,,, but if anyone has any idea please help me out!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
did you remember to reattach the ground wire that goes from the lift point to the strut tower?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
yep

1 - 4 of 4 Posts