Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new vader style hood from vis and I'm wondering can I use wax on the hood. I mean do I just clean it like the rest of the car or should i be doing something different to clean it? And by the way do any of you have any trouble getting your hoods to latch and what can I do about that?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Yes, wash it, wax it, polish it... It's all good.

My hood latches just fine without modifying the stock latch or anything...

However I bumped my car at under 10-15 mph, and I have like an 1/8" or 1/4" inch gap in the front... It doesn't exactly flow with the headlights... But that's my fault..

Does your hood not close all the way sometimes?

·
Registered
16 Posts
try adjust your rubber bumpers under the hood. they are set to a stock hood which weighs more than your carbon fiber and need to be adjust down usually to make good contact.

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
I posted this on you other post also, in the detailing forum, but here it is:
i have the same hood, you can wax it and I suggest that you keep a good coat of wax on it all the time actually, its prone to get perminant water spots. that WONT wax out. another suggestion, if you have a header of any type put some heat shield tape on the underside of the hood, if you dont your hood will crack down by the "inveder" opening. And I had the same problem with the latch. I just had to bend the latch on the hood to fit better. Also I had to take the latch mechinism on the car off and notch the bolt holes so i could adjust it, if I remember correctly there are a few plastic pegs that lock it in place...you have to break those off, adjust it and rebolt it. Good luck, if you need more help just ask, but i think that would cover it. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.