Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pic of a Carbon Fiber hood on a Twilight Blue Focus?

And/Or ST170 headlights on the same color car?

There are the next two mods I want to purcahse for my car, so I'd like to see how they look before I make the definite decision. Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, the CF hood is def. my next mod too. I love the way it looks. I've sen it before and it does look good.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Well here's what you asked for on an Atlantic Blue Focus:
It's alittle lighter in color but I guess you can get an idea.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i have a twilight blue focus with oem cf hood and hella headlights... it truly looks pimp. I will be painting the sides of the hood body color and puting a blue pearl in the middle next spring.

Jon

·
Registered
62 Posts
I havent decided if im going with the Fiberglass FC ram air hood or the cf one. Ill prolly go fiberglass and paint it, sincei dont like carbon fiber.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i guess i will definitly be getting those mods...lol.

i love the look of the carbon fiber hood although Im not a huge fan of that particular design...i'm deciding between OEM or invader style...

as far as the headlights...I think i'm gonna go with the ST170's on my twilight blue focus, I think they will be a clean sleek look thats not begging for attention like the other headlights do..." Look! I've got projectors" or "Look ! I've got funny halo rings!" But I'm still not 100% lol.

my general plan for the car is to get everything for the appearance that I can afford to get over the winter, and then throw it all on when spring gets here...then continue the appearance until summer ends. I'm hoping to almost finish my car appearance mods by the end of summer of 2004...
that includes (in about this order...) tints, smoked bumpers lenses, headlights (ST170's, prolly), grilles(euro), carbon fiber hood (VIS invader or OEM), suspension (eibach pro system plus), 3 piece wrap around wing (Wings West), rims (gun-metal, not sure of brand or style yet, I just know I want gun metal), taillights (i have APC carbon fibers for now, I'm not sure what I want instead...), mirrors, fenders, and kaminari lip kit. i also want my door handles and side molding painted to match the car, or i want to pull some off an SVT. i also want to get a euro or RS front bumper, but I'm not sure yet.

then once summer is over, I'm going to order the performance mods for the car and start working on the perforamnce over the winter.

all of this just requires that i pay my credit card bills off LOL...anyways, I'm crazy i know...i've got my car planned out for the next year lol. but whatever I love it and I can't wait to get all this stuff done. i'm still rambling, though, so It's prolly a good idea that I shut up...ugh...just gotta pay those freaking debts

hmm...i wonder if i'll ever have money, once i start hooking up the focus lol

on a sidenote, is anyone else having trouble posting? it takes me 20 or more tries to get a post to actually go through...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im lucky, i am 23 and makey 65k. So i have bought my focus 2 months ago, and paid it off already.

Now im about to buy another car and the focus is going in the garage to be the toy and weekend warrior. So i dont have to worry about snowtires, and stuff like that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you i hate you lol jk

can i borrow some money?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean about the FC CF hood. It might not look right but it sure is functional

But I defintly would do everything your looking to do!!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Kevin (TooleBox) has a blue-weave carbon fiber hood on his twilight blue ZX3. Looks great...and I think he may be selling it.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
^ ive said it once, ill say it now, and again later. I AM IN LOVE WITH YOUR CAR
great work

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
talk about shiny...holy hell that thing is so ridiculously shiny that it doesnt look like my car is the same color lol.

carbon fiber oem or carbon fiber invader style? decisions decisison... lol

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Drew: Thanks for the comment.

ABiToFMiSeRy: If you clay bar your car, use Zymol cleaner wax, and then polish it w/ Zaino, you can have the same effect
BTW, go oem, much cleaner look

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're right, it is a LOT cleaner loooking...and thats the look I'm goin for.

What brand is that hood? Where'd you get it from, and how much of a dent did it put in your pocket, if you dont' mind me asking?

Also, what do you mean by "clay bar your car" lol

ill bet it took a while to get your car that shiny, huh?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It is a VIS oem hood, and it was $419.99 from Modern Performance. I don't know if they sell them anymore though. I only bought the hood for a week to go to that car show, and then sold it to someone.

You've never heard of someone clay baring their car? It's exactly like it sounds, it's a clay bar that you rub on the car and it picks up any foreign material on the paint. Try this, go to your car and rub the back of your hand over it, if it feels a little rough, then you need to clay bar. Go to an automotive store, and look in the cleaning section. I use the Mother's Clay bar kit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How wsa the fitment/quality of the hood?
Also, does it use the stock hood latch thing, or no?
and lastly, did it have holes for the washer nozzles, or did you have the drill or relocate them?

Thanks a lot lol

How long does it take to clay bar your car?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Fitment was about 98%. The passenger side where the latch connects to was sunk down a bit. It uses the stock hood latch, and has pre-drilled holes where you just snap in the stock nozzles.

Clay bar of an entire car will take approx. 1.5-2 hours.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
tight car dj, im glad the shop messed up my order and sent me the OEM style instead of invader. mine was ordered from nopionline.

dj, always thought the svt front looked better in twilight than any other color!

Jon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts