Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a technical question about weight. If anyone has info about the weight differences between the 3 types or where to find the info it would be a great help. The hood can be used as a primary referrence point. Of course I could probably ask the Duraflex maker about their weight but wanted to try here first.

I'm wondering which is lighter and more cost effiecient. CF is expensive as hell so I need some stats before I'm willing to drop that much for it.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
If you are talking about a hood, one maker says their CF and glass hoods both run about 10 lbs. I don't know what OEM metal weighs, I just know it's significantly more. But I assume you mean bumper covers... CF < Duraflex < OEM urethane.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Yea, while the CF might be light and all, I've had some experience with the gel coat on my CF hood where it got nasty looking and could probably use a good sand down, and re-cleared. But other than that, I think CF if a bit lighter than the Duraflex, and then obviously the OEM piece being the heaviest.

I would say if you are going for weight savings, go with the CF, but if you are going for looks, then it all depends on what look you are going for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts