Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I'm not one to post long write-ups or reviews so bare with me.

I was one of the 5 to win a free copy of the book. Cartech overnighted the book to me which I thought was extremely nice...its free, I could have waited but they took care of me.
Before I received the book I was honestly expecting it to just be a how to manual on the focus. I didn’t think it would be very beneficial because I've been on this board for for near 3 years now, read all the threads, reviews, etc and have done most of it on my car.
I'll be the first to say I was wrong.

The book is a lot more than reviews. Its filled with dyno's and comparisons for example, for a set of cam gears, it doesn’t just show a dyno of the cam gears on an n/a car, it shows and explains what they did on a supercharged car, stock n/a car, a modified n/a car, and a turbo car. It doesn’t just do this with the cam gears but every mod you can think of. It shows the gains on different manifolds like the ported '00, Ford Racing, and Focus Central composite intake manifold.
You get the idea...

In my opinion, whether you plan on doing any mods to your car or not and even if you car is already at as far as you want to take it, you should still get this book. I think it will be an eye opener to see exactly what your mods are doing for you and you may end up decided to switch out a couple parts to get a better gain.
This is without a doubt a must have for someone who has not yet mod'ed their car or is in the process. It will save you money. There is no better way to know what to expect from the mod than this book.

This is an honest opinion on the book coming from someone who originally thought the book wouldn’t be than beneficial. I can’t even begin to think how much time and money went into putting this book together and am glad the guys are CarTech decided to do it for the Ford Focus.

If anyone doesnt know how to get the book, you can get it from Tony @ www.newedgeperformance.com or from CaTech at www.cartechbooks.com
They are both Focaljet sponsors

·
Registered
641 Posts
Glad to know the book is awesome. Does it have any information on ATX, specifically for ATX with JRSC dyno info ?
Me wants JRSC badly...

=dRe=

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Nice!
Thanks for the review. I have yet to get my hands on a copy though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts