Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I lower my car 2/2.2, front/rear, I know I'll need an adjustment for the rear, but what about the front. Do you need a kit for the front too?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I'm assuming you mean that the rear I will neet to adjust, but the front I won't? If I'm dropping the front by 2", why is it not necessary to do it as well?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
All will need adjustment.
How much adjustment depends on your application.
I assume this is for cruising, and not for serious racing?
If so, you'll want -1 degree of camber on the fronts and -.5 degrees of camber on the rear for general highway travel.
The only reason for having More negative camber is for racing applications, and even then you don't need more until you know WHY you might need more.
By Racing applications, I'm NOT talking about a Straight line.
For Drag racing, you'd want your camber as close to 0 as possible, w/ a Firm rear suspension to prevent "Squat". (Since the Focus is Front Wheel Drive)
For Road-Racing or Auto-X, a little negative camber can help with keeping a flat contact-patch when cornering.
If you're doing neither, your main concern is minimizing un-necessary tire-wear.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
i have found in road racing situations at least minus 2 front and 1 rear is mandatory. didnt like the plates so used lightweight front control arms and camber adjuster rear. any less in front eats up the kuhmos in no time. ate one yesterday w/bad front alignment because of last minute changes. also car is evil w/o the camber in tight fairly high speed turns. my car is too low right now. front 2 1/2 lower than stock svt. was 3 1/2 before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts