Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Well, we love em, they're one of the quieter systems available but you will know it's there. Has a nice mellow throaty sound and no droning what so ever. Got em on both our Foci. One of the nicer things about them is that they're very quiet and only uses one muffler. If you at some point opt to run a header and it get's loud, you can alway's add a resonator under the car. This is one option most of the other systems don't have because they already have either two or three mufflers / resonators already.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a magnaflow from yodude. I love it! People say its quiet but I think it can get pretty loud around 3k rpm. But I have never heard any other zx3 exhaust so I don't have anything to compair it with. Dan is right, I find it has no drone. I got mine a yodude for $345 to the door.(mine was $345 because I got a diff. tip. Just the usual tip its $310 to your door.) Check em out!
Great quality piece. Hope I helped?!

Mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by dan-d:
This is one option most of the other systems don't have because they already have either two or three mufflers / resonators already.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why is adding one later any different than having it come with it to begin with? I dont see why people dont buy what they want originally, why spend all the time and money just to turn one exhaust into another one?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by blustreetasassyn:
How good is the magnaflow cat-back system?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As good as any other american exhaust with slip joints, and one muffler. If you want a low catback this is a good one, but if you expect a little something extra out of your exhaust you've gotta pop up to one of the big names.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by nordy200:
dan-d was referring to a situation where your exhaust didn't get loud until other components were added, as I did. For many people the cat back is one of the first mods. If you add a shorty header, Random Tech cat, cai, etc, it can make a previously "pleasant" exhaust into a droning pain in the rear. I was able to add an additional resonator to my MBRP which calmed it down considerably.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL...how does a CAI make your exhaust louder?
One is intake noise the other is exhaust noise. Removing the cat makes it louder because your essentially getting rid of one of the mufflers in the way.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have them and love them. My personal exp is you can feel the car is smoother but won't notice any big diff unless you're on the hwy. Like you will see a good gain let say going from 120km to 140km. And my advice is order it w/ the resonator, the sound is loud at 3k rpm.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
dan-d was referring to a situation where your exhaust didn't get loud until other components were added, as I did. For many people the cat back is one of the first mods. If you add a shorty header, Random Tech cat, cai, etc, it can make a previously "pleasant" exhaust into a droning pain in the rear. I was able to add an additional resonator to my MBRP which calmed it down considerably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts