Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have (or know where I can get) some hp numbers for these cams?

thanks,
bartek

·
Registered
427 Posts
Talk to Ray at McNews. I believe they are the only ones working with these cams.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
dont focus (no pun) on peak hp. they have cams for every1. all cams make more power, its up to you and your tuner (could be same person) on what you make, half the fun is tryin to find out and then also gettin more than expected.

just get an idea of what you wanna do with them. all cats have a great powerband and nice high flat tq curve. now w/cat, there a stage lower than every1 else, what i mean is...their 2s are like crower (crane or ford) 3s, their 1s like crower (crane or ford) 2s in terms of what kinda potential they have. if you must know...

...stage 1 cars have gone over 140 easy

...their project car 'pigpen' w/stage 2s (FR head) 16x/15xtq

call ray or bobby about them at 717-432-9503 or 2686.

-Ult

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reason i ask is because I have seen the average trend in crowers and FR's but I havent seen anything on cat cams. I am aware that crowers give mainly top end and FR's are quite torquey, but i am not aware of the type of power cat cams produce. The last thing I need to do is cams and I am finished with the bolt ons. I am not very interested in crowers and I would like the cams to work nicely with a turbo system in the future. Thanks for the replies, any more are greatly appreciated!

bartek

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of header are you using? Can you please explain how they feel and perhaps compare them to other brands of cams? thanks for the replies!

bartek

·
Registered
964 Posts
i've been using CAT cams for over 2 years now.....and i'm well into the 140's without tb, maf, pulleys, or chip...
What stage CAT cams are you using? Would you mind posting the rest of your setup?

·
Registered
427 Posts
i've been using CAT cams for over 2 years now.....and i'm well into the 140's without tb, maf, pulleys, or chip...
What stage CAT cams are you using? Would you mind posting the rest of your setup?
Also, some torque numbers and if possible a dyno graph. Very interesting.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
greenmcnews is over 140/13xtq w/stage 1s, nice and flat tq curve (he did 137 w/no maf, valves not lashed (rattle rattle rattle), and a leakin fc header), so much higher now, havent talked to him in a couple mths.

any dyno for the mcnews project car will show cat 2s in a ford head (need to cut reliefs in the head for cat 2s to clear THEY BIG!!! like you have to do for fr/crane/crower 3s and up)

-Ult

1 - 10 of 10 Posts