Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I engineered a cat in my stock flex so i could pass emmisions a couple months ago...i just finished swapping back in another stock flex today [can't afford bosal flex just yet] and took pics while i was at it 4 u 2 c!!

The cat [not high flow] fit perfect and i passed no prob with aggresive cams and everything!

·
Registered
384 Posts
not bad, you could make and sell them.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by IDversusEGO:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by phatfocus:
Where did you get the cat and about how much? Also, what size is the cat?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you can get a high flow cat from www.focusperformance.com in 2.25, 2.5, and I think 3 inch sizes. I am going to do something like this too.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this was NOT a high flow cat, nor do i recommend a high flow cat if you are using this for the sole purpose of passing emmisions like i did....the more dense the cat...the better your chances of passing the big E test.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Ok. But, what is the cat that you used, off of?

BTW, very clean set up!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by EastAl:
Ok. But, what is the cat that you used, off of?

BTW, very clean set up!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks dude...it was just a universal style cat, my friend has a shop...thats just one he had lying around....same with the flex.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I was planning to use the higflow cat for everyday driving and swap it out with a not cat flex pipe on race days. I can't stand the stinkand noise of the cat-less system for day to day driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts