Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Peeps!
I 'm going to buy the FC high flow CAT. My question is what gains can I expect from the FC CAT ,only, added to my current setup. See my signature.
4 WHP or 8 etc...
Thanks!

Sole Man
p.s. or should I by a shorty header first? I can't get a race header I live in NJ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the FC high flow cat a direct replacement for the stock one? I put a shorty header on with my stock cat, and melted it down(the cat) I would suggest getting the racing header and putting a high flow cat further down the exhaust. You will have to relocate the secondary bank O2 sensor behind the new cat. I think FS's racing header has the hook up for both O2 sensors, but it will not pass emissions that way.(I don't think anyway)

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
from what i've heard the FC Cat is good for around 4whp. a shorty header will give you tiny bit more power (about 2whp) for about $350. i'd say go with just the cat and see what you think. if you want more power go with the random tech cat from www.mcnewsautomotive.com it has dynoed around 6-7whp.

Nate

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have a borla exhaust and i plan to put a high flow cat. i just want to know how much louder it would get?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
um pretty loud..my car w/ a random tech / borla is louder than my friends focus w/ an Off Road Pipe

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by yellowreaper01:
what does the focus sport exhaust and a race header sound like?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOUD!!! i have the entire exhaust from fs and it is loud.

my suggestion for the cat problem = take the stock flex pipe down to a muffler shop have them weld in a cat and use it only to pass smog, when you are done you can put the straight pipe back in and not have any restriction in flow.

thats just my opinion i could be wrong

1 - 8 of 8 Posts