Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the cat on the engine, is it before the flex pipe? i looked under when i was gettin my muffler intalled and i did not locate it.

thanks for your help,

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
its vertically mounted right under the header....lay down under your car w/ the radiator above your neck and look straight up..you'll see that ugly POS

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
pop the hood, locate the header heat shield, look down past that a little bit.. big ass cat sitting right there..

actually it kinda looks like a rack of rusty ribs.. weird as that may sound.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wonder if i could take it out and put a flex pipe in, connect the stock header and a new flexpipe to the stock flex pipe?
thanks,

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by the_enemy_within:
i wonder if i could take it out and put a flex pipe in, connect the stock header and a new flexpipe to the stock flex pipe?
thanks,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Huh?

No you can't do that.

Here's is your exhaust system from the catalytic converter to the tailpipe.

Your aftermarket choices are:
- Race/long header, flexpipe(stock or aftermarket), catback(stock or aftermarket)
- Street/short(stock or aftermarket), cat(stock or aftermarket), catback(stock or aftermarket)

[ 01-10-2003, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: myFordPerformance.com ]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx for the info ray

·
Registered
222 Posts
Originally posted by the_enemy_within:
thanks,
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">it is called an OFF ROAD PIPE. i know mcnews and FC sell them and maybe FS but all it is,is a pipe that goes from your header to the stock flex pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts