Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove my Cat to determine if it is shot/collapsed, what have you. (from my recent post in Team Tech)

The lower support bracket (at the base of the physical cat, not at the flex pipe junction) is, well, nearly impossible to remove. When I look at the diagrams for this, it appears the the braket bolts should be able to be removed from underneath the car, however, mine cannot. They are on the top of the bracket rather than the bottom. This poses a rather interesting challenge, in that how do I get to these bolts as they are between the cat and the bracket mount point?

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you work with it?

2000 Focus ZTS (manuf 09/99).

I hope this does not get construed as a cross post, as I have only been able to find any information about cat removal in Zetec Tuning forum, so I figured I'd pose this inqiuiry here as there may be come experience I can leverage, before I go insane.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Re: Cat Removal Inqiury.....

Well when I did my race header that bracket popped right off...never had any issues w/it...Have you been under there to look at it up close?

Lox

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

OK then, I am a real pooch.

Maybe I should just remove the actual clamp bracket, since that will be EZ. What a moron I am. I have looked at this for 2 long today and am missing the obvious.

Sorry for the useless additional post. And I ain't even a n00b, just tired and frustrated!!

Mods, please lock this one. Thanx.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Well I guess I am not seeing the bracket you speak of. When I did mine there were two brackets to be removed. The one that wraps around the cat to hold it in place and the bracket that connects the flex and cat, other than that I can't specifically remember any others that were in the way...is it one of these??? peace

Lox

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

WD 40.
ALOT of it

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

AAAARRRGH !! Broke one bolt & stripped another where the header attaches to the cat. S'umbitch. FC High-Flow here I come. And the best part is my cat is fine.....GRRRRRR, no clog, no nothing.

Mods - commence to lockin'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts