Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i put in the cat and got a cel. i got it check out and its he first o2 sensor. i just want to make sure replacing this will fixes the problem..the sensor cost $123.... need to know before i go on a trip... thanks

marc

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i did some research and found some o2 sensor for $50. there bosch. has anyone replace one with one of these???

marc

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I replaced a pair of O2 sensors for 50 bucks total. Standard Bosch too.

Tim

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where did you get it???? the place that i found it at has two different sensor before cat and the dont give a description about the two. the only description they give is "before the cat".

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a high flow cat. You will loose the cell if you install an 02 cheater. If you still want to try changing the o2 sensor you may have issues with an aftermarket one.

Ford codes the sensors to each car. I tried 2 different brands including Bosh and I still had the cell. Installed back the stock one with the cheater and voila it was gone.

George

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i heard that the cheat is a hit or miss deal.
so even replacing the sensor will not solve the problem.
[censored].

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
we just can't win sometimes huh
try it out man or just get a scan tool lol to clear the Cel lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent try to clear the code yet. alot of time it just comes back on. well i just dont know what to do first.
try the cheater or replace the sensor?? any suggestions

·
Registered
714 Posts
What do you need an 02 cheater for if your still running a cat? I don't think anyone has brought this up befor.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what i was thinking. why do i need a cheater but these guy that posted before recommend me to get one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts