Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent removed my EGR yet, but will be soon. Was wondering if the removed EGR trips a CEL, does it cause any drivability issues? limp mode? or will it just illuminate the light?

·
Registered
217 Posts
i just removed my egr yesterday and have a cell but its not because of the egr it has something to do with my TPS (codeP1120) but other then that the car runs fine and all. Ctzx3 removed his a little while back and as far as i know it he has no cel yet aswell.

·
Registered
128 Posts
quick question about removing the egr. how do you block it off going to the intake manifold. do you have to have that plate or is there a simpler way to do it?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
i had mine removed with a cell for roughyl 4 months and experienced no drivability problems or power loss...quite the opposite actually

however, now with the chip I have the egr actually shut off and cell removed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tru, where did you get the chip that shuts off the egr system? I'm having a bit of trouble with the DPR EGR sensor at the moment and I'm wondering if it would be easier to just block off the EGR and get the chip that shuts off the system all together? Any advice?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by ENZI:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
i had mine removed with a cell for roughyl 4 months and experienced no drivability problems or power loss...quite the opposite actually

however, now with the chip I have the egr actually shut off and cell removed
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tru, where did you get the chip that shuts off the egr system? I'm having a bit of trouble with the DPR EGR sensor at the moment and I'm wondering if it would be easier to just block off the EGR and get the chip that shuts off the system all together? Any advice?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have to get a custom chip done. Any company that can do custom chips should be able to turn off your DPFE sensor. If you have a race header you might as well get them to turn off your second O2 sensor.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I've had the CEL for about 3 months and no issues.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you already have a superchip can you get it reburned for your race headers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts