Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been asked before, however I'm looking for an idea. I removed that stupid center console arm rest thing, now I'm looking for an interesting way to cover up that gap it leaves between the plastic parts. What are your ideas?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Piece of carpet?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is it easy to remove? I had thought it was all one piece...how hard is it to get rid of the armrest?

-AM

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
On my old one a put a piece of fiberglass all custom molded to match the interior and then made it into a HUGE acually usable cup holder. One that was able to hold a 64 ouncer!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Is it easy to remove? I had thought it was all one piece...how hard is it to get rid of the armrest?

-AM
Easy. Take a flat head screwdriver and try to wedge it out. Be careful though. I broke a tab off of mine by being over confident. Use caution and be patient. Remove the peice and their will be two screws, unscrew them and just grab the armrest and it'll be in your hands. Put the peice back in its spot. And you will find their is an opening left on the top, just cover it up with something

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks soybean...I'll give it a shot first thing tommorow morning! I've been dying to get rid of that damn thing!

-AM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts