Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the cup divider that is behind the parking brake handle, I was wondering if it makes a larger storage area there instead of cup holder areas. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Dont do it!!

it is actually one entire piece, removing it would leave the bolts exposed and it's not a pretty sight. I am looking into getting the euro console, I think it would go better in my SVT.

Hope this helps

Ricky

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: Dont do it!!

I removed mine(rear cup holder), and made a new bottom piece to cover the bolts. It gains you a little more storage space, which there is precious little of in our cars. I did a similar thing with the "ashtray" drawer in the IP. Now it's just an open drawer, lined with felt. Hey, every little bit helps!
~Dave

·
Banned
1,599 Posts

I did the same thing with my ashtray!! Thumbs up dude
I hope the euro console installs with no major issues. It looks sick!

·
Registered
446 Posts

Any one have pics. of the euro console. Did a search but it didn't yeild anything. I kinda wish my svt had an armrest.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Re: Center Console

I hear your pain ds33gt. I suggest taking advantage of someone else's misfortune and replacing the SVTF console with one from a donor vehicle. It was one of my first mods and I have loved it every day since I swapped it out. Read about it here and give it a shot. You can always go back if it doesn't suit you.

Despite my initial concerns about the finish being a little lighter and the vinyl pad on the arm rest, I haven't changed a thing and everyone who's been in the car has thought it was OEM.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

I agree zipy I to have done this and no body ever things that it is not stock. well because it is a stock console just not for our cars.. took about 30 min total. and the only reason it took that long was I have the winter package so i had to do a little triming to make everything fit and look good!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts

Quite interesting....I figured a normal center console would work but I wasn't 100% sure. Maybe I'll try that when spring rolls around or maybe over the winter while it isn't being driven. Does anyone still have pics. of this so called "europeon console"???
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts