Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to sell my Avenger kit and get the Saleen one but was wondering if anyone makes a center exit exhaust besides the one Saleen sells for $699? I currently have Vibrant and was thinking about seeing if anyone can cut it and just make new tips.

·
Registered
729 Posts
i know this is gunna sound dumb (but im not lookin underneath my car at the moment) but dont u have to go under the spare tire well to get a center exhaust, or do the bend around it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, if you get the saleen, get the stage3, the other 2 suck donkey bawls.

Im getting ready to paint and install the stage3 kit on my zx3 next weekend.

Saleen used to sell a center exhaust for the focus, but they discontinued it cause nobody wanted to pay 800 dollars for it.

Just get an exhaust for your car, any exhaust you like, and then go to a muffler shop (round here its midas) and they will bend it to the center for you. Im having my borla bent to the center (granted it will look gay with just one tip, so im gonna have it cut off and go with two can mufflers or two square tips.

·
Registered
729 Posts
thats exactly what i was thinkin,,,,theres some guy runnin around in a neon around here that has a center exit..kinda looks like he just lobbed the exhaust off in front of the rear crossmember and ran a pipe straight back into a muffler....lost bout 6 inches of clearance,,,,gunna make bumps at speed that much more fun to watch

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have the Kaminari body kit on my ZX3 it has center exhaust. I have a custom exhaust with the muffler in front of the rear axle/subframe. After I installed my body kit I just had my buddy cut the back section off and run new pipe. Only cost $70 to have the back section redone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yep, and its cool with mandrel (sp?) bends, cause you can litterally by whatever exhaust you like, whether its borla, magnaflow, etc, and then have them rewield the exhaust.

Problem with senter exhausts, is you really need a bigger tip for it to look right, and one single can muffler looks gay.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I paid $50 for a stainless dual DTM 3.5'' tip from JC whitney. Has been on there for a year and a half and still looks great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the info. I will probably have my Vibrant modified and add new tips. Something like the Borla square tips.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
yeh, just buy a dual tip, a single tip in the center looks like a wierd porche type thing, lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I used to have the borla, but with the race header it was too loud. so now i've got the focus sport silent exhaust custom fit to exit the center in the back. I've got some super expensive dual borla tip on the back. On both exhausts, the 2 different shops i went to routed the piping underneath the wheel well. there's nowhere else for it to go.

It's been a while since i've been on here, here's a link to some pics that Toyo has up:
Team Toyo

1 - 16 of 16 Posts