Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which Clutch would u guys think is the better... the centerforce/ford racing or the sachs clutch (the one for 250). I am getting my tranny fixed later this month and need advise to which clutch to get. My goal is to get every thing for under 300 (including throw out bearing)... I havent read any reviews on the sachs..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by GospeedracerGo:
Which Clutch would u guys think is the better... the centerforce/ford racing or the sachs clutch (the one for 250). I am getting my tranny fixed later this month and need advise to which clutch to get. My goal is to get every thing for under 300 (including throw out bearing)... I havent read any reviews on the sachs..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would give the Centerforce a try. I went with that one when my tranny came out, and I think its a good choice. I haven't gotten to test it out yet since my tranny has been awaiting parts for over a month from Ford.
. The slave cyclinder(ie throwout bearing) is only $48 from my local parts counter. Goodluck, and I hope you don't have the problems I did.

Josh

·
Registered
393 Posts
i have the centerforce and have had no problems with mine. its been on for over 2k. got it installed with the fidenza flywheel and i love it!!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have the centerforce in mine now. just broke it in. so far no problems. if you do the clutch if its possible do the flywheel also.i have had mine for about a year now and its awesome.

i havent heard anything about the Sach's clutchs but i know they make them for most european cars like VW's and stuff. should be probably a nice clucth.

mike

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have the Centerforce clutch with the Focus Central flywheel. Install went great, but I too am waiting for transmission parts from Ford. I'm doing the 4.06:1 gear change on a 2002 tranny.

Major, major overhaul. Not for the faint of heart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts