Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
I have had the clutchmasters for over a year now and many hard 300 to 400hp runs and passes with never a silp of the clutch

Clutchmasters is #1 in my book and i use them in customers cars also

tom

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Tom What stage are you running? Stg 4 (the 4 puck?) or Stg3 with full carbon-kevlar facing. Any chatter and hows the pedal feel?

Sorry for the questions, it's just Clutchmasters just came out with the SVT clutch, and I'll be looking at it soon.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I am in the market for a new clutch. I don't have any headwork or a turbo at the moment, but i plan on getting them in like a year or so. should i upgrade all the way to a clutchmasters, or should i get a centerforce and just wait till i get my engine nice and beefy before i move on to a clutchmasters iv (or the new FC kit)? thanks,

...tek

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i thing i dont understand about these HIGH PERFORMANCE clutches is HOW the clutch feel is possibly stock like or even ligheer?

WTF?

First of all, i dont like the light feel, it feels stupid and is harder to drive, i like a bit of force

second of all, how is it ligher and still grab more?

The only clutch to date that i like and its not out yet is the centerforce DFX, actually has a new billet presure plate, much better clamping force and it DOES feel a bit stifer then stock, but feels much nicer, feels like you really have a nice clutch in there...and it holds like a champ, i would STRONGLY recommend you just wait for that one

·
Registered
292 Posts
i have the clutchmasters stage 3, no slippage at all and pedal feel is slightly stiffer than stock. clutchmasters moved the pivot points on the clutch fingers (more leverage) to allow less pedal pressure while still having more clutch pressure. id reccomend the clutchmasters.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Believe Tom is running the 4-puck. Apparently there is a stage IV 6-puck as well, which I assume then translates into slightly less clamping force due to reduced pressure. Have to decide on which one. BTW, anyone have an idea about how much the Clutch Master IVs currently run for (searching I mostly see IIIs).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts