Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is this clutch for those who have it?how would you compare it to act.clutchmaster,and sachs
clutch?
i know it doesnt bring the throw out bearings but
how are fords factory bearings?and is there any
company that can get the bearings?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I can't compare it to any other clutches, but mine has held up well w/ all of the mods listed below.

You can get the throwout bearing from the dealer, but I would reccomend just buying the whole slave cylinder assembley. Much easier

·
Registered
412 Posts
i got mine from Mcnews it was the cheapest place i found. ive had mine in for about 2500 miles and i like it. pedal still feels stock. but it grabs alot harder.

mike

·
Registered
222 Posts
the centerforce is the Sachs, look under the centerforce sticker, Sachs is stamped onto the metal plate. I love mine too, no problem, replaced the whole slave cylinder, resurfaced fly wheel etc, runs great grabs great!

The ACT is a much higher end peice, and if you get a lightened flywheel with it and cams watch out! It will be a bitch to set up idle, and if you have a 65mm TB, Starts for a daily driver will be a real pain in the ass to get used to.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey zeketrx so if i go with a lighten flywheel i
shouldn't go with a caenterforce than.cause i want
to get a lighten flywheel in the future.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you got a PM, that combo will work fine, it just cost alot to have it taken out if you do not like it. The trnny has to be openned. I was talked out of it, I was goin to go with Findanza, But i was told if I am daily driving the car and getting high profile cams, Which the Focus needs, That the drivability would suffer big time.

I really can go onl by what i was told.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts