Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone know of a facility that would powdercoat my valve cover (RED) around here (hopefully with a little better secuity than the last place I went)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i know of a place in lebanon that could do it... but idk if thats too far for you? im sure theres some places closer

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats not too far I'd say, but i'm also not saying im not open to closer suggestions. Alot of places i've talked to only do black or they only do tools. Have you ever dealt with them before?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
my dad god his aircleaner (and possibly valve covers) on his mustang powdercoated at this place, and my dad works there part time. and i plan on getting my valve cover powdercoated there, but i hafta get a metal zetec valve cover from a contour first. i can talk to them tomorrow to figure out a price. and im always traveling back and forth between lancaster and lebanon (school and home), so i could proly even take there for you to cut down on the extra driving for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, That'd be cool if you could check on that for me. I'm from York and I actually went to Millersville Univ if that's why you're in the area so im used to that too. Let me know what they'd be charging to powder my oem svt valve cover in bright red. Its not my DD so its not like its a big rush-rush thing. I'd like to get it done before the the weather starts getting nice though

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
oh thats cool, yeah i just transferred to millersville. ill get a price for you tomorrow, and ill let you know. ill also try and get some pictures of the stuff my dad got powdercoated, to show you how it turned out (his was powdercoated bright red too!!)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Metal Finishers Manchester(above York) does powder coating at a fair price.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called him and he couldn't even give me a ballpark price, so I guess if I want to get it done there I'll have to find time to make it up and show him the valve cover. I'll have to pull it anyway I guess...

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
i called my dad to check a price, so im just waiting to hear back from him.

·
Registered
818 Posts
might be far for you but liquid powder coats is a great place i take my parts to the number is 267-907-2686 guys name is martin he's on tri state tuners just tell him dan and mike from lancaster refered you. he can do any color and style, i'll try to post pics of the stuff we got coated

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
I use NGP Performance down in Aberdeen, MD they are 10 minutes away for me so they got my business plus they do some really awesome VW / Audi stuff too :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
ill have that price and pictures for ya tomorrow. my dad never called me back today... but ill be back home tomorrow, so ill let you know!!!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
ok, i talked to my dad today, and he'll be able to get a price on saturday when he's at work, and i couldnt get any pictures of his powdercoated air cleaner yet, cuz i couldnt find it in our garage (his engine blew, so theres parts laying all over the garage from tearing it apart)

·
Registered
818 Posts
well my camera phone sucks but heres some pics
SVT valve cover:Lollipop Red over Alien Silver

Rare Magnesium Valve Cover:Hard Red

compared to infa red

Like i said my camera phone sucks, the covers look so much better in person

·
Registered
2 Posts
well my camera phone sucks but heres some pics
SVT valve cover:Lollipop Red over Alien Silver

Rare Magnesium Valve Cover:Hard Red by https://powdercoatinglancasterpa.com/

compared to infa red

Like i said my camera phone sucks, the covers look so much better in person
Sorry for hijacking this old thread but I'm not sure how to reference this old post from within a new thread. Copying and pasting messes up the format, so pardon my abruptness. I love the workmanship of the powder coating shown above despite the photo being 11 years already. Is there a DIY guide that teaches how to produce the same touches, looks, and finishes? I'm low on budget so totally don't mind spending time to learn the craft myself. Can any kind soul point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts