Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the CF hood from zxtuning? How is it? How good is zxtuning to deal with?

Also, I was looking at one of the colored ones and the price listed was $509.99 (including shipping), but after you add it to the cart to check out the total changes to $565.00 + S&H

Just trying to get informed before I buy.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Hi!

I have a red/black CF hood from them. The fit is pretty good, and the weave looks great. But I did have a few issues with small cracks showing up in the clear coat, but I covered them w/ vinyl. Also, keep an eye out for bubbles in clear coat (with ANYONE'S CF hoods...). If the bubbles reach a certain size, they will be considered a manufacturing defect.

Rob Green is really cool to deal with. I've talked to him about a lot of things. Whether I buy from him or not, he is always ready to help out.

I paid the $565.++, but that was what was advertised. If you email him, he WILL get back with you.

Hope this helped.
Rusty

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, he emailed me back as I was typing my post above. Really quick response. He told me the lower price was the one it should be and he'd correct the error on the web page.

That cracking on the clear coat kinda concerns me. Do you have any pics of it?

·
Registered
417 Posts
keith, if you get a professional clearcoat done once you get the hood, it will probably be alright. when my kaminari hood showed up, it had a shiny topcoat on it, when i asked kaminari if it was a clearcoat, they said it wasnt and that they suggested getting one done. so i took it to a bodyshop in town and had them do a clearcoat, along with touching up the edges... it might be more reliable that way in the long run.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I wouldn't worry about those cracks. I planned on vinyling my hood from the get go, so I wasn't TOO worried. If I thought they were actual problems, I wouldn't have posted such positive things about Rob and the hood.

I've tried to take pics of the damage before, and they were so fine, I couldn't make them out in the pics due to the weave and such.

I'd go for it! What color are you looking at? Either way, post pics!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking at the blue one. I'm in the process of ordering a new bumper and hellas right now. Just waiting for european-parts.net to open back up. (on holiday until the 6th) After I see how much shipping is gonna be on that stuff I'm gonna look more seriously into that hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts