·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the hatch easy to install

·
Registered
422 Posts
i dont know from experience, but it looks more difficult than installing a cf hood mainly because of its size and that fact that you would have to transfer the rear glass from the stock hood. other than that, i would not expect it to be too difficult

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
i dont know from experience, but it looks more difficult than installing a cf hood mainly because of its size and that fact that you would have to transfer the rear glass from the stock hood. other than that, i would not expect it to be too difficult
that rear glass would be enough to give me a migraine...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Well isn't the idea of a carbon hatch to loose weight and not just look cool? Then where do they post the weight or weight savings over the stock trunk...or would that make too much sense?

CCC

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts
yeah for the rear window you're supposed to use lexan and attach it with rivets and a nice seal going around the edge

·
Registered
233 Posts
one thing i noticed is how much lighter the focii hatch is compared to mkIII and mkIV golfs... even when you remove the wiper motor the vw hatch is super heavyweight.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
one thing i noticed is how much lighter the focii hatch is compared to mkIII and mkIV golfs... even when you remove the wiper motor the vw hatch is super heavyweight.
those cars are just plain heavy for the most part

as for the hatch.. i doubt you can really pull a window off the regular hatch without TONS of time and trouble.. and a new rear window w/ defroster is $800 from fordparts

·
Registered
406 Posts
It depends...if you're doing of the cf hatch just for style, then you probably would want to put the glass w/ defroster back in...but it'd be quite the job and likely troublesome down the road. On the other hand, if you're putting the cf hatch in for the "performance" aspect, a lexan rear window sans wiper/motor would be in order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts