Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good sites or books they would recommend on stock car chassis dynamics. We have just 3 races left this season and am looking for some edification on torsion bars, panhard bars, shock valving, ride height, corner weighting, stagger, axle lenght offset, gearing. I realize there is a science behind each of these and I don't have time for that level of knowledge. Basically looking for the dynamic effect of these components.
How's this season been?
The bad.
Only two paydays, 7th and 16th finish.
The Good.
Sponsor agreed to second car.
We'll run a SBC and a BBC next season.
Looking forward to doing the ground up build.

Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
537 Posts
What are you running? What is SBC and BBC?

The book how to make your car handle I believe is the one slickshoes has and its pretty good.

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are running in the open modified division on a 3/8 mile clay track. The car weighs 2550 and the Big Block Chevy "BBC" puts our 780 hp. You can run a Small Block Chevy "SBC" and run 175 lbs lighter. The SSB's are usually in the 650 hp range. Depending on the amount of bite in the track one is better than the other. We run a Enders engine and a Teo frame. Competetive cars run in the 60 -70 thousand range. New Enders engine alone costs 35 thousand and that's not for their best.
Last night was carnage. Track had tremedous bite and the cool weather brought out the horse power. 2 cars were totaled, and one blow tourched down the back straight, along with many other mangled messes. We got caught up in a wreck coming off turn 4 getting set to take the green, during qualifing. We were 10th and somewhere around 3rd someone spun at the flag station. Our right side is gone. Crushed to the point that the header is flattened. The flying torch was the result of an exploding oil filter, we thought we were the only ones with that luck. This is my first season with this team and type of racing. Someone would have to be insane to get into this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts