Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\"Cheap\" Aftermarket Rims for G-stock

I'm looking for a new set of "stock" (race and daily-driver) rims that can still fit in the stock category rules. SO basically I would liek to get a list of rims that are at least 43+mm in offset and preferably lighter than stock SVT rims. Oh yeah...at a decent sub-$200 price. Thanks.

CCC

·
Registered
537 Posts
Re: \"Cheap\" Aftermarket Rims for G-stock

Check out the Kazera KZ-V's on tire rack. Slickshoes has them for his race tires in 16"

Least if for racing..

If dual purpose probably want to stick to 17"s

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Leagal for G-Stock means that he has to run a 17" wheel. I'd actually like to see this question answered as well.

·
Registered
723 Posts

doesn't rota make 17" wheels that wiegh around 16lbs?

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts

wouldn't the team dynamic pro race 1's work for a G-stock legal wheel? I think i looked em up and there pretty much the same, but lighter and better looking! Thats my next wheels....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Keep in mind that to make Stock regs, the rim has to be 43mm of offset at the smallest. Maybe a 42 can be snuck on without anyone noticing
. I'll check out those Kazeras...they're definitely an option.

rota making a 17"
they do and they're perfect except they don't maka 17x7 only a 17x7.5 which is illegal for stock!!

wouldn't the team dynamic pro race 1's work for a G-stock legal wheel? I think i looked em up and there pretty much the same, but lighter and better looking! Thats my next wheels....
Team Dynamnic Rant Thread

·
Registered
537 Posts

Does Team Dynamic even make our bolt pattern?

Anyway I have Rota SDR 17" they are 46-49? mm offset and weight 16lbs by themselves. However my new tires apparently make the set weigh more than stock ???

(Cant get that since I got smaller tires even)

·
Registered
4,109 Posts

I'm pretty sure this has shown up before, but
http://www.mysportscar.com/features/wheelweight.htm
I bought SportsEdition and had Kumhos mounted from TireRack.
Wheels say Mille Miglia on the back of spokes, $107 and 22 lbs.
Without spending bucks for magnesium, seemed like a pretty good deal for race wheels. Had used ROH Reflex which where real light (16 lbs in 16X7), but cracked them 1st of the season...how good is that?

·
Registered
34 Posts

Check out this place. I purchased a good set of new wheels for $27.00 each plus UPS www.wheelmart.com It is like WalMart (a clearing house for slight defects). The defect on these were, paint on back side was scratched. I use these for everyday driving and orginal "Stock" wheels for the "R" compounds. I drive in "G" Stock..

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts

that thread doesn't scare me away from TD wheels. I like them and if i have a problem, i can send it back. A couple little things and everyone blows it out of proportion, just like the few recalls on our cars......

Now if anyone would have a positive comment, would they work for G-stock? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You have to order the Team Dynamics from the manufacturer right??? Does anyone know how much they'd be for a set of four?

CCC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts