Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i just bought my 2002 zx3 yesterday and i wanted to know what kind of basically free mods i could do to it, like talking off some eninge crap thats just taking up space or anything like that! Iv been on this site researching and reading since like arpril and i did the search but still couldnt find anything..so any help would be greatly appreciated..thanx!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
do you have s 2002 zx3 or a 2002 SVT?

for the most part, the only "free" mod that can be done by yankin things is resonater removal

by the way... Welcome to the Jet

[ 09-15-2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
there are many things you can do for free

1. gut the car....... ( gets rid of dead weight)
2.swap your rims for the14 inch steel wheels ....... (weigh less better gearing)
3. take off the resonator from intake.........( more air)
4.take off you air conditioning ....( less work for moter = more power to the wheels)
5. IMPROVE YOUR DRIVEING if it is a manual
6.take off your hood liner.......( dead weight)

thats all i can think about ........ but buddy remember this your not gonna get into the 11 second range anytime soon without spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, im not new to the jet..but thanks and Hi to you to..its a 2002 ZX3..and im willing to spend the money for the mods but i wanted to know about the free mods like the ripping put of the resonator or things to do to the engine with out spending the money yet..so what else can i do??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Other cheapies:

fog light mod

radioshack $5 shorty antenna

With a little more hard work, you can do:

the SVT headlight mod, for the cost of the spraypaint

nightshade your [taillights/blinkers/headlights]

make metal grill covers (I used gutter guards that I picked up at Lowe's)

Paint your rims

Paint your calipers and/or drums

(stickers/graphics) ..blah, but had to put it

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah what is the antenna mod from radioshack, cause i work at radioshack and i dont know what your talkin about? and i apreciate the feedback from everyone but could you be more specific like whats the fog light mod? Pullin out resonator?..As far as the grills i can get this at lowes right?? any other feedback is welcomed thanx!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by artin:
2.swap your rims for the14 inch steel wheels ....... (weigh less better gearing)
6.take off your hood liner.......( dead weight)

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With tires on them the 14 inchers have the same outside diamater and the 16s, so you won't get better gearing, just a bit less weight and a ghetto looking car. Also the 02s dont have a hood liner.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Originally posted by Dickie W:
What is the $5 Radioshack shorty antenna? Sounds cool because I hate the long one I got now.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Radio shack stopped carrying car radio parts. This is no longer carried and have all been cleared from the stores, etc. Focus Central has them for about $15 or $20.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
if ur gonna remove ur resonator, either cover or plug the hole, i have dyno proof that the resonator hole closed is better than open. 2whp peak gain and about 1whp and 1tq gain across the board.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Originally posted by bgkast:
[QB]With tires on them the 14 inchers have the same outside diamater and the 16s, so you won't get better gearing, just a bit less weight and a ghetto looking car.[QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this is true right? unless you get low profiles for your 14s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts