Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by Black03ZX3:
Hello. I have a 2003 ZX3 5-speed. While driving last nite, the CEL came on and the car started running really rough. This would only occur when there was a load put on the engine. The car idles fine. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks in advance, Rob
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mine runs rough when cruising, but fine under load...

The shop replaced my DPFE sensor this afternoon...

Hopefully it fixes the problem...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hello. I have a 2003 ZX3 5-speed. While driving last nite, the CEL came on and the car started running really rough. This would only occur when there was a load put on the engine. The car idles fine. Does anyone know what might cause this? Thanks in advance, Rob

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't know if this helps, but I had a tripped CEL once and it was because I didn't have the gas cap on tight enough or something, after three cycles, (like 20 minutes of stop and go traffic) the CEL will dissapear if this is the problem. If this isn't the case, do U have a race header ?? or mods that would trip a sensor ?? a chip ?? these are all possibles....I know this isn't specific, but hope it helps a little.....Peace !

·
Registered
311 Posts
if it's only doing it under a load, sounds like you have an ignition missfire. check your plugs, spray some soapy water on your wires and see if the miss happens or you can see a spark. otherwise your looking at a coil.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Originally posted by mandark:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Black03ZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mine runs rough when cruising, but fine under load...

The shop replaced my DPFE sensor this afternoon...

Hopefully it fixes the problem...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's what it was...all under warranty, thank god

·
Registered
970 Posts
mine came on also. i know what it is. it is my o2 sensor. i installed a race header with the cheater on the green wire and it still comes on. if i lave it on will it do anything to my car after a while?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts