Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about three weeks since I installed the BDR tb and AEM CAI and I'm loving the increase in performance
, but I fustrated that the check engine light is still on
!
I sure that everthing is conected correctly, but I have no clue where to start to find the reason for the light
?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
take it to autozone, they'll scan it for free. probablly a TPS or MAF error.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
took the car to autozone and they said that it was the tps
. How is the tps suppose to properly fit on the tb , and if the tps was found to be bad how much do they run for?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I might have my old TPS from my stock TB. Email me at: [email protected] and we'll discuss whether or not this'll fit the BDR TB. I'm sure Giggy will have some useful info on this matter.
He knows everything!

Anyways, good luck!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
what's with you and the rolleyes all the time!

yeah, bdr tb is supposed to use the stock tb tps. A new one can be had for around $30 something bucks from ford if I recall. I replaced mine too.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I wish I was E.lo, he's super duper cool! I still didn't put the header he made for me on because I want to keep it just like it was before it left his hands, clean and immaculate. I think I'm going to encase it in glass.
Damn dude!
All I asked was what was up with the rolleyes. What's all that about!?!?! You gota go see a shrink or something! Damn..you think you know someone, oh well, that's the internet for ya.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I wish I was E.lo...

You said "E.Lo!"

Anyways, about the headers, funny you should bring them up! I'm going to put them on tomorrow. I talked my boss into letting me use his torch, so there.

BTW, the whole "immaculate" thing is already untrue. While I was waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting) to put them on, I left them too close to our quarantine fishtank (which happens to be a SALT TANK) and now I've got a bunch of little rust spots all over it.
I'll torch the hell out of it to see what happens.

Sorry for the hijack, FORDRALLYE! Goodluck on your TPS!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
hmm..are the spots everywhere or just in certain tight spots? I might have missed some spots cuz the paint and the color of the blasted header were damn near identical. It was a real bitch to see where it was fully covered and where it was lightly coated. I still have the can with the extra paint in it that I forgot too include in the box when I shipped it out. I'll send it out to you and you can touch up any spots with a small brush after it's on the car and the paint finally gets a chance to heat up and fully cure. I wouldn't torch it, might mess up the paint if it's heated to fast and unevenly. E-mail me your addy again if you want the paint.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Well E. Lo, I put the headers on; well my buddy did most of the work. He's all about diving into stuff like that. I was his little helper though!
Anyways, the paint is a no go, it's starting to bubble like a mofo anyways. Seriously though, the spots HAD to be from the salt tank. The only spots w/ rust were the places near the tank.

Anyways, no biggie. Louder than a futher mucker when I punch it, but otherwise, it's a lot less loud than I expected (that's a good thing). Haven't gotten to run it alot to check out the gains, but I'll update later. Probably will update in a new thread! We had teh HyjaK!!!!111

Later guys!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Hey, glad you got it on finally!!

Paints bubbling? Well, that suxors.
I still have another whole can of the [censored] I was going to use on some turbo parts too.
_)#*#_*&#_%*&

Yeah, i remember when I had it on it wasn't too bad untill I punched it too, then the fart sounds began.
Let us know how you like it, you already know my thoughts on it. Hopefully your thoughts will differ.

So fordrallye..any updates on the situation? I'll delete all these extra posts if you want. Sorry for me an tin taking over the thread. I'll owe you one.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've sent the email to tin maddog and he found a tps for me
. I'm hoping that it'll do the trick.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It worked!!
Thanks tin_maddog
and I also put in a new instrument cluster W/ a tach.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The new tps worked!
the light is now off, thanks tin_maddog
. Oh, I was also able to switch out my old instrument cluster with one with a tach

1 - 15 of 15 Posts