Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Lemme clarify... I ain't dissin... I'd love to have one... but gimme a tank that can get me to Phoenix on one tank (400 miles) and we'll be in business!

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Oh hey it's got Mach headlights, so much for them being special.
Why the continued use of the grilles with signals if they have Machs?

I love the ground clearance. Nice commute vehicle.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
like bur said, thats one thing they could work on... but its real cool that theyre even doing it. The Civic hybrid gets 395 miles to a tank... Ford can beat that!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't like the lack of paint on the rubstrips, and why did ford continue to use the grille blinkers, even though they have the headlights with blinkers? i think it has something to do with the cost cutting going on. If I was a dealer and were to sell that car, I'd make sure all the unpainted plastic gets painted, and put on atleast a 99 Ghia grille.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
you could easily get a bigger tank set up in there at the expense of some cargo room.

2.8 KGs = 125 miles
1 LB is about 0.45 KGs (actually it's 0.4545 Repeating)

so 2.8 KG is about 6.2 LB. 6.2 LBS bottle = 125 Miles, 20.2ish miles per pound.

a 40 lb tank would sacrifice some cargo space, but it would get you past 800 miles. a 15 lb tank much like you would see on a pretty serious Nitrous setup would get you to 300 miles or so, which is about average for what people are getting out of their ZX3.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
You're right. Those black rub strips on the front bumper look really tacky
A serious stab at a drivetrain of the future, and all you can talk about are the black rubstrips!?

Oye.

This isn't a production vehicle folks, it is a proof of concept.. and a cool one at that.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
damn i really hope ford and the other automakers really push for mass-market development of these types of vehicles...we need them

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
I like the technology. Hate the looks.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
i want the damned suspension

oh yeah, and the engineering is sweet, good find

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
<ul type="square"> [*]Improve the driving range, [*]make refueling it practical and affordable, [*]don't price the regular joe out of buying one. [/list]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts