1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
407 Posts
Time? My two are 13 and 16. We take them with us and they help out with scoring, announcing, take pictures, beg rides, etc.

Money? What's that? I'm 47 and driving a Focus. What's that tell you?
(At least it's a fun-to-drive econo-box!)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
From 1993 to 98 I ran 15 plus events per season. In 1999 and 2000 I roadraced and Solo2'd. Then we got pregnant in February of 01. My little guy, Max, is 21 months now. I just about got out of all motorsports for about 2 years. The summer of 2001, before he was born, I ran 2 events. Last summer I ran 1 event and this summer I have 3 under my belt and may do 1-2 more. Next year, my goal would be to run 1 of 2 series that we have for 6-8 events total. In a few years, when he is old enough, I hope to do a Kart program with him.

I would not trade a thing for what I have now
I love being Max's daddy!

Money is another issue for sure (--cost of diapers, daycare etc.
), but at least your car is (partially) developed. Do what you can to "finish" before junior arrives--maybe even buy a spare couple/set of tires to just sit on if you can swing it--then you wont worry about that BIG expense later (now you will REALLY understand me being on my 50-doller-each-14"- Azenias soapbox). Time is the biggest enemy for me--I jokingly say that I have more money than time. Thats scarey

Hey, BTW, Michael--Congrats!
It is a blessing--no other way to look at it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
sticking to autocross in stock class has kept my total motorsports costs down (as well as chairing events: free entry!), so just expect to be making some decisions as to which hobbies you intend to keep. i got into autocrossing 2 years after my son was born so motorsports wasn't in the picture, but a lot of other hobbies were. just as long as she's cool with you doing it and can handle a day without your help you'll be good to go.

just remember what your first priority is! also, congratulations!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts