Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the stock pcm start to relearn over the programing provided by the diablo or superchips? is the only way to get around the pcm relearning things to get a pectel or some thing?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Pectel. and if you are serious about getting one, let me know.

·
Registered
745 Posts
the Focus ECU is not a "learing" ECU it functions how it is programmed...a chip will alter these functions...a standalone will give the tuner complete control over engine functions as well as the ability to make it go KAPUT much quicker if you don't have a clue what you are doing...

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by iamgod:
the Focus ECU is not a "learing" ECU it functions how it is programmed...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where did you get this information? The Focus ECU is very much a learning ECU.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My focus has learned to deal with what i have thrown at it so far. It has made significant adjustment to how i drive. its adjusted to my rev matching for downshifts, the idle has adjusted itself to my intake, tb, and pro-m. it acts very different for a while when i have to reset it, but it adjusts faster than it did before i began making mods. i can whatch the differences in idle/rpm and a/f with my gage. it does learn and addapt considerably

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
mafs is good for 99% of the people

unfortunately, im that other 1% with a turbo

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
the focus ecu does learn. my zx3 auto shifts way harder than other focuses i have driven. i worked at a ford dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts