Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whose chip gives the most power. I only have an AEM CAI and a Borla Catback but i wanted to get into a chip. I looked at the diablo sport website and they claim the you gain 10 to 25% more hp,is that true
? If anybody can help thatd be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It'll not give u that much hp especially only having some basic bolt-ons. The chip will basically remove the speed governor and rev limit unless u want another programs like advancing the timing. If u have cams then the chip will help u gain more hp cause u can go pass the rev limit and still make power.

My suggestion is save ur money and buy another stuff. Wait until you have the cams, cam gears and complete exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
He's right, it won't give a lot of power, but it will make a noticeable difference. A super chip was the very first mod I did to my 2000 ZX3 and I really felt it. BTW, as far as I know, both superchip and diablo basic chips will advance the timing requiring you to use premium. If you do get a chip, you can keep using it and get at least some benefit from it with just about all mods, until you go FI.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The chip can make a large difference if you have ATX. I've had my Diablo for over 2yrs in my JFA8 coded computer. Works very well and I miss it when I pull it for the winter driving season. There are numerous threads on this subject. Look in the archives.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The chip can make a large difference if you have ATX. I've had my Diablo for over 2yrs in my JFA8 coded computer. Works very well and I miss it when I pull it for the winter driving season. There are numerous threads on this subject. Look in the archives.
Why do you pull it out in the winter

·
Registered
950 Posts
No sense in running premium winter grade gas when you can't use the extra power due to snow/ice from Nov till Apr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts