Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i am planning this trip to mcnews. i will be doing exhaust, camshafts, camgears...i will want them to throw it up on the dyno, but i need a chip for them to tune it right....so if i buy the focussport chip will mcnews be able to 'build' upon it from there or??? this stuff confuses me...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
When a chip is tuned, its from scratch. Anything McNews does will erase all that FocusSport did.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it would be best to just buy the chip from mcnews and have them do a total custome tune.

if i will be going FI later on, would it still be ok to get ford racing stage 2 cams? or should i go with a true FI cam?

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Well...

if you get a FI cam and aren't blown.... then its gonna suck. If you get NA cams... then you're just gonna have to sell em off when you get the boost.

So really.... its a "wait till you get the FI" situation for the cams.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
so it would be best to just buy the chip from mcnews and have them do a total custome tune.

if i will be going FI later on, would it still be ok to get ford racing stage 2 cams? or should i go with a true FI cam?
I would definitely wait on the cams if you are going go FI down the road......as for the chip, dyno tuning is the best way of going about it. he'll be able to throw as much timing as NEEDED and get your air/fuels on tap and you'll have a much better feeling car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts