Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends has a ZX3 that he just recently put the Steeda chrome-moly strut bar on. He took me for a ride in it to show me the effects of the mods (Steeda short intake, FC t/b, steeda spark plug wires, and Steeda strut bar) he's been doing. On a couple fast accelerations from a dead stop he broke the tires loose. We later noticed that both drive wheels appeared to be leaving tracks on the road? He said it didn't do this before the addition of the strut bar, and that since the strut bar he had noticed it didn't seem to torque steer. It's made me think seriously about ordering that bar, but I just wondered what you guys thought, or if any of you have had the same experience. Is this really possible?

thanks

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
do a search and you will find a lot of threads about stress bars. The majority claims that it is nothing more than a engine dress up parts, and gives you something to lean on when working on the engine. others still claim to get performance out of them.

I personally would put my money somewhere else.

Ollie

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
a strut bar would not affect your drivetrain on a focus. they are useful to use as a leaning bar while workin on the engine, tho.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I can say is that I saw two tire burn marks that he left, and I know he doesn't have any drivetrain mods besides a Steeda short throw shifter.
That shifter was nice BTW. I'm gonna have to get one for my SVTF.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Sometimes an Open Differential Will spin Both tires.
Mine has done both and just one on various occasions.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
I was talking to this electrical engineer, and he was saying that if everybody in the NorthEast was running a chrome STB, the power grid wouldn't have failed.
Something about quantum flux and warp field stabilization.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
don't bother wasting your money on the strut bar. if you want to add a little bit of extra traction look into the poly motor mount bushing. you'll see a pretty big difference expecially considering they cost less than $20.

Nate

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm not sure about straight line stuff but I notice mine on the freeway -especially on the curvy on-ramps - and the foothills
...but I don't speed
..always the speed limit boys & girls

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I'm not sure about straight line stuff but I notice mine on the freeway -especially on the curvy on-ramps - and the foothills
...but I don't speed
..always the speed limit boys & girls
No, no, you CAN'T feel a difference. It's against that law here in the suspension forum.
If you want to feel a difference, you must take it to another forum.

·
Registered
556 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Randy,
Off-Topic, but do you know the song "i before e" by Yaz, from the album "Upstairs at Eric's"???
I have a little "Funny", but it would go right by if you don't know the song...

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Post Whore Hijack Alert!!!

Yaz, Depeche Mode, Erasure..... the ladder for Vince Clark.

They should do a Vince Clark reunion with Depeche Mode.... that would kick ass!

/Alert... back to talking bout suspension...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Depeche is a great band, but yeah this was a hijack!

I'll let you guys know what I think of the Strut Bar when I bolt it up. My friend swears by it so you can
all you want, I'll probably try it. It'll have to wait on the FocusCentral t/b and FocusSport Cool-Flo though. They are going on first.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
The Reason I brought it up....
"i Before e"'s vocals are all spliced/chopped up Spoken Word. It's a Slower song.
Part of the words say, "You can FEEL the Difference.. You can, You can Stop, Stop and SEE the Difference"....

Trivia Alert... I've forgotten the Answer, but I'd know it if I heard it....
From Above,..."Yaz, Depeche Mode, Erasure..... the ladder for Vince Clark."
Fill in the Blank between Depeche Mode and Erasure.
I used to Have an EP, but it burned in a House Fire in '91, and now the name's slipped my mind.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
My Double-Bad.
I KNEW that...
There was ANOTHER Project between Depeche and Yaz or between Yaz and Erasure though....
"You can Stop and SEE the Difference!"

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Funny......whenever I jammed my ear against my strutbar I swear I hear Allison Moyet laughing

inside you can feel the difference, outside you can see the difference,seethedifference.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Funny......whenever I jammed my ear against my strutbar I swear I hear Allison Moyet laughing

inside you can feel the difference, outside you can see the difference,seethedifference.
Rock ON Bro!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts