Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Well at least he's not burned any bridges with Ford.... err.... theres always NASCAR!!!

Actually Colin says theres "unfinished business" with WRC.... I'm thinkin he may be #1 for Mitsu or Hyundai next year......

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I hope for Colin's sake this is a bit of a wake up call. He's good but he's gotten lazy and bigheaded. I'm glad to hear about Sainz, he's one of my favorites. Nice to see the old farts kickin butt, not mention he's a class act

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Looks like he better start brushing up on his southern drawl.
He's a scot, at least we know he can pack away the drinks. We'll see if he can handle the gut wrenching flavor of nasty cheap american piss water, though. It's Miller Time!

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
thats not a surprise, he also said he would take a year off before he did anything other than drive in the WRC

·
Registered
180 Posts
He's a scot, at least we know he can pack away the drinks. We'll see if he can handle the gut wrenching flavor of nasty cheap american piss water, though. It's Miller Time!
Im glad you said that and not me ax0n. As someone of celtic origin (McQueen is my real name BTW) Im often suprised at the poor quality of alcohol that comes from the US. Budweiser? King of Beers? do me a favour

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I agree w/ most of you, quitting Ford was a downgrade for his career, although he did ok in the Citroen. It all about that new rule (which I think is ridiculous) in which each team has to have a driver that has won a title in the past three years. It boiled down to Sebastian Loeb or McRae, we know who got the axe.......(and rightfully so, Loeb kicks ass!)

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
colin wont be over in the states next yr. he'll sit out and do other things 1st. he's gotta get over win or crash.

-Ult

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
It all about that new rule (which I think is ridiculous) in which each team has to have a driver that has won a title in the past three years. It boiled down to Sebastian Loeb or McRae, we know who got the axe.......(and rightfully so, Loeb kicks ass!)
Actually, the rule states that a team can not have MORE THAN TWO drivers who have been on the podium (3rd place or higher) in a WRC even in the past three years. The rule does NOT require each team to have a driver that has won a title (I think you meant rally) in the past three years as you state.

Loeb already signed a longer contract before the new rule was announced so it was just between Sainz and McRae. McRae just happened to lose out probably because Sainz is tied for second for the championship this year.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Im glad you said that and not me ax0n. As someone of celtic origin (McQueen is my real name BTW) Im often suprised at the poor quality of alcohol that comes from the US. Budweiser? King of Beers? do me a favour
Miller, Bud, Coors...it all sucks unless you get a good micro-brew.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts