Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I WAS in need of battery cables. Apparently the ones I have on mine are creating some sort of short, the positive cable was crimped somewhere or wasnt allowing sufficient power through the line.

Anyhow, thanks to FOCUSSALVAGE I got myself a some battery cables. But his name says salvage and thus they are.

Recieved these things in the mail today, and they are looking pretty good. Despite the fact that there are is some corrosion on the contacts and terminals these cables are in decent shape. Now I want these to be almost like brand new so I am going to re-tape and re-cover the cabling.

But I need suggestions on how to clean the contacts and terminals. Apart from the obvious "Battery Cleaner" sprays that are out there. What is the best way to get these things working and looking like brand new?

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
a battery terminal brush/reamer tool and a brass bristle detailer brush (they look a little bigger than a toothbrush) is all you need.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, was looking forward to playing with the dremel hehe.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
If you use the dremel just make sure you wear goggles. You wouldn't want to get any battery-acid metal shavings in your eyes!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
The absolute best way is to use a mixture of boiling water and baking soda. You can dip the contacts right in the bucket or whatever you use, and then you can also pour it directly on the terminals to wash away the gunk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts