Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I used to get a P1000 code on my tuner when I needed to complete a drive cycle. Now, I apparently do not even though my car hasn't completed a drive cycle according to MA state emissions scanners that plug into my OBD-II. They say my monitors aren't complete, but I have no P1000 DTC for said monitors. Yes, I have a cat and yes my rear o2 is turned on. Is this at all possible or is MA just ****ing me? lol

-Matt

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't clear it. The drive cycle does not show up on my tuner nor do I get a code saying I have to complete one. Then I go to get the car scanned so I can get it inspected and they say I have monitors that aren't ready which means the car hasn't completed a drive cycle.

-Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
the p1000 code is a generic "emissions checks arent ready" code. in order to complete all of them you need to drive the car around. for example in order to complete the EVAP diagnostic the car has to sit for 8 hours after driving with a tank between 1/4 and 3/4 full, and then driven again... reason being the gas tank has fumes, you drive around... the car sits, you drive again, it should suck the fumes into the intake thru the evap system. the "catalyst" diag requires you to drive around for like 15 minutes over a certain speed, etc. once all of those complete THEN you can go take the car for an emissions check.

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what the P1000 code is. There is NO drive cycle code (P1000) showing up until the state scanned the car. It didn't show up on my tuner or scan-tool. But, this is already taken care of.

-Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts