Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an Esslinger intake cam and Esslinger cam gears (-2,-4) w/ out dyno tuning. The car runs way stronger now, but this week when I start her up in the morning I can hear a clicking sound coming from that area of the engine. Once the engine is warm I cant hear the noise at all. The car idles perfect and everything else went great w/ the install except I didnt check the clearences. What could this be? Should I be worried? Should I take it to a professional as I am no car expert?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Check the clearances, you will prolly find they are on the edge if not out of spec.

Factory specs are:
Intake: 0.11-0.18mm
Exhaust: 0.27-0.34mm

·
Registered
222 Posts
I HAVE THAT SAME SOUND WITHOUT ANY MODS TO THE CAMS OR CAM GEARS...I'm about to go to the dealer tomorrow...

Only happens on a COLD start like after I haven't used it all day...I have no idea what it is! Like I said, I haven't changed the cams or cam gears at all and I TOO have that sound.

Any if any of you know what this could be, let me know too. Thanks

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I check the clearances?
What will happen if they are on edge or out of spec?
How do I fix it if they are off?

·
Registered
222 Posts
^^^

·
Registered
222 Posts
valve springs/valve???
explain please...

will warrenty cover it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DEALER
They said they have never heard that noise and that they had no idea what it could be

They also said let it get WORSE so they can PIN point it
WTF!!!

SOMETIMES I REALLY HATE FORD

[ 09-24-2002, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: RicanStyleZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
heh, my dealership told me that.....accpet it was when my cat was clogged...so i went home dropped the cat and then took the screwed up cat to them and siad...."fix please"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts